Last Updated on
I wanted to kick off Season 5 of the Elaine’s Kitchen Table Podcast with a bang – so I interviewed one of my Mompreneur heroes and mentors – Ruthie Burd, founder of The Lunch Lady!
This interview is chock full of amazing advice and wisdom from Ruthie, who has “been there and done that”, as she is coming up on the 25th anniversary of her business!
In this episode, learn:
- How Ruthie’s family situation prompted her to start her own business
- Why it is better to be respected and fair than liked, if you want to make a difference
- Why successful fast growth can be as big a challenge as stagnant non-growth
- How we are all “pebbles in other people’s ponds”
- When is (and is not) the time to franchise your business (I always say, listen to people who have done something successfully!)
- Why you need a “Why” to sustain you in the marathon of business success!
Ruthie’s go-to resource: Ask questions of others! There is no hyper-link for this resource, she simply recommends talking to others to find out how they do things (a great reason to join with our show sponsor, Mompreneurs Canada)
Where to find Ruthie:
Email: ruthie.burd [@] thelunchlady.ca – PLEASE NOTE, Ruthie has been very kind to share her personal email, and is happy to help others. But before you send a “cup of coffee pick your brain” request, I urge you to listen to Episode 29 – How To Ask For Business Advice
Email: elaine [@] elaineskitchentable.com
Did you like what you heard here? Then be sure to subscribe to Elaine’s Kitchen Table on iTunes, and you will get every new episode delivered straight to your iPhone or iPad!
If you have a second and like what you hear, an iTunes review would be SO appreciated!